Touching People while Communicating

 
I don't know why, but I get irritated sometimes (maybe my hormones at work). Someone recently asked a question: why do people you have no close relationship with choose to touch you while having a conversation with you?
 
Remember Jeff Dubham's Achmed the Dead Terrorist? Yeah, the ventriloquist's skeletal puppet and that particular show where he shouts "STOP TOUCHING MEEEE! I KEEL YOOOOU!!" That's how I shout sometimes, (without the second part sha). Lol!  
 
 
So it's a Saturday morning, and this question just came to me: why do people you have no close relationship with choose to touch you while having a conversation with you? Two occurrences got me thinking about this.
 
Someone I don't know from Adam came to talk to me but pushed his boundaries. I don't know why he felt I was some very playful person and came to me with a colleague of mine. He was telling me something about a job he wanted me to do and touched my shoulder. I sparked up, not because he was trying to undermine my services by telling me he would pay some ridiculous amount for the job, but because he couldn't keep his hands to himself. He started talking about ethics when he realized I wasn't having any of what he did, but I managed to keep my cool in order not to take someone to the cleaners early in the morning or cause a scene. That's one case. 
  
Yes, to the second incident, I saw an acquaintance on my way out this morning. Actually, we haven't seen ourselves in a long while. I gave him a hug, we were at close range, then he touched my nose as though something was there he wanted to take off. I shrugged a little because I didn't see that coming. I thought he'd show me what he took off, just as some people do when they help you pick up some thread or handkerchief residue from your hair or face. He didn't do that. We kept talking.

I looked at his finely curved muscles and his chest. He had a silk short-sleeved shirt on. It seemed he had just finished working out. So, since he thought or I kinda had the impression he was flirting, I touched (or maybe caressed) his arm and looked at the biceps staring at me. Almost immediately, I brought the conversation to an end to prevent him from asking for my contact.

I laughed to myself as I walked away. Kai! Someone always tells me I'm mischievous. Maybe I'm beginning to realize this. 
 
So, do you feel the need to touch someone while having a conversation with them?

PS: I hope he doesn't see this! 🤭🤭🤭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICYMI: 10 Things that Happened in Rivers State over the Weekend and in the Past Week

The Beauty of Southern Kaduna

Are Journalists Getting Soft?